Welcome - Please read first

*** Welcome - Please Read First ***

 Welcome to my nomadic adventures. A few housekeeping items to start out.  I will attempt to make this readable on all devices but I am coun...

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

More of the Thumb

I have been terribly busy in the thumb region of Michigan. Once again I am staying at the remote command center of J & M which is located between Caseville and Port Austin in the thumb region in Michigan. During this period there were several people coming to join the hunt. This started with the brother J who celebrated a birthday last post having some of his family come to join him. His wife K and his son J came to experience the hunt for Big Foot and I suppose enjoy some time off, the beach, and the sunsets.

Daily light show. Thanks God!

We decided to utilize bicycles several times to get around. This was thought to be a good idea to avoid detection since no one would expect an adventurer like Thor to arrive by bike. My riding companions and I have augmented bicycle technology so the ten mile ride to Port Austin was not so bad, particularly on the way back from "adventuring" as one gets thirsty and beer is on tap.

The first trip was with J & M along with J from last week's blog. We went to Pak's Backyard in Port Austin. The ride was uneventful but it was reported to me that my back tire had a "wobble". My fellow adventurer J seemed concerned and wanted to know how long it existed. I tried to point out that since it is my back tire I was unaware of it since I am usually riding the bike and looking forward and not utilizing astral projection. We had a lovely meal along with several cool beverages to ease any discomfort from the bike ride. Upon further investigation of the back wheel, it was also discovered the rear brake was positioned such that it was applied at all times. It did explain why the ride was so tiresome on the way to the restaurant. We unhooked the brakes and pedaling back was tremendously easier. Our search for Big Foot was not successful at that establishment but it was possible that Big Foot had rented a kayak and paddled out to Turnip Rock  

Another brother J and his girlfriend S came later and since J is a bike guru so I figured his assistance would be useful in addressing the wheel issue. He did his magic and realized that it needed to be replaced. He also discovered my profound stupidity when it comes to bicycle repair, maintenance, and operation. I think it was when he asked me a question about the wheel and all I could explain is that it is round and there are two of them. I took it to bike shop in Port Austin (Pak's Garage - yes same people who own the restaurant and kayak rental service). They quickly and cost effectively replaced the rim and I was back on the road. We followed this up with another ride to Port Austin, but this time to Bird Creek Farm to celebrate my nephew J's 28th birthday. It was an all male ride with brothers J, J, J, nephew J, and I. The ride was smooth and the food was excellent but again no Big Foot. Plus I noticed that the random letter generator seems to have an issue with some names and keeps assigning the letter J so I will need to reboot the supercomputer.

Another day we decided to investigate another establishment. It had plenty of craft beverages but it lacked the panache of the other establishments. This was Heck's Bar in Kinde. This was an interesting business but they did have an incredible selection craft brews.

A “classic” bar with an appropriate car

"Cozy" inside

My daughter C was able to visit for a few days which was great since we have been coming here since before she was born. She brought her puppy Sami who is a 5 month old German Shepard puppy. Sami was super happy to see Ozzy and Lucy again but my monster hunting hounds seemed to be less excited to play with a giant energy filled puppy. We were able to enjoy the lake and had a great time but it was too short. Her husband D was unable to come as he was doing his monthly duty with the reserves. Hopefully they are able to come again next year. This kept me from searching for Big Foot for a few days but I am confident that it will not impact my results.

Sami and C

Amy with C and B a couple of years ago

As I previously mentioned my brother J and his girlfriend S flew out to visit also. We now have J & M, J & S, J & K, along with their son J, and myself along with Ozzy and Lucy. There are a lot of J's being generated from the random letter generator but as I indicated I expect that to be fixed shortly. 

I was able to get a new mattress so I am more comfortable sleeping. The trailer has been great so far and I have been getting settled in. I anticipated pruning items from the trailer and truck, and I will be making a stop soon at the undisclosed storage facility to offload some gear. I installed a new under sink water filtration system with J’s help which should enable me to jettison my other water filter system for drinking water. I also upgraded my whole trailer external water filter so I feel comfortable there.

Kitchen area

Bedroom with new mattress

The trailer is like a small studio apartment. I have a bed, kitchen, dining area, and bathroom. Altogether it is about 85 sq ft so it’s plenty of room. Interestingly it is smaller than the closet in my old master bedroom and yet it feels quite spacious. I will post “a day in the life” of an adventurer along with more details of the adventure rig in the future.

Some have expressed concern on my progress in catching Big Foot. It would be ludicrous to believe I could find Big Foot so quickly when others have spent decades without success. I do believe my novel approach has a chance of success based upon the unsuccessful approach of searching in remote areas lacking quality beverages. They searched the untapped wilderness whilst I search the untapped keg. I do not believe they will find Big Foot before I do.

Also as a helpful reminder, you can sign up to be notified of when I get around to posting these updates. Unfortunately that is only available on the web version of the site. Also the blog is easily accessible at braxwood.com

Thor


No comments:

Post a Comment