Welcome - Please read first

*** Welcome - Please Read First ***

 Welcome to my nomadic adventures. A few housekeeping items to start out.  I will attempt to make this readable on all devices but I am coun...

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Back to Wisconsin (Southeastern Edition)

We are back to Wisconsin for a quick visit. I have been swamped with many scientific meetings and I have been unable to do much in the way of searching for Big Foot. I do read the comments and appreciate everyone's taking their time to offer their opinion. Based upon my previously mentioned criteria for comments, I will respond thusly. I am not sure what type of beer Big Foot drinks other than a love of microbrews has been documented repeatedly. 

Before we discuss my housing situation, I was able to visit several breweries. Ok, only one. The Runaway in Burlington. To be fair though this is part of their three weekend Bier Fest and last weekend the loop in downtown Burlington was shut down for the festivities. They bring in some excellent sausages and grill them up for the festivities and had a band last weekend. The Oktoberfest Beer was excellent as well as the Schwarzbier. That has come to be expected though from this excellent establishment. I ran into many people, D&R (who I met in Eagle River), M & M (one of whom I met in Shipshewana and the other is in my Fantasy Football league), E, B, J, GM, B, M, et. al. It was great to see people that I know again but I won't be making a habit of it. The party outside was excellent but then I realized it was time for me to leave as the hounds needed some company.

Street party with contests!

Inside Runaway with D & R and other people. I have idea who they are so I'll call them LB and OM. 

I checked out how B & L are doing on their new house with the remodel and it is progressing nicely. I am sure that they wish it could be done sooner but these things can take time and the kitchen and bathrooms are the most time consuming and expensive remodels. On Monday night, B and I were able to enjoy dinner and several beverages at David Alan Alan's  which included smoked meats and local on tap beers. What really made the dinner extra special was the Buffalo Bill's game was on and the game was quite exciting (for Bills fans - not so much for the Tennessee fans). 

I also stopped at the Main Event in Burlington aka John's Main Event. The sandwiches are quite nice there and they have the best burger in Burlington. They also happen to have Guinness on tap which was an amazing coincidence so I had one while enjoying my meal before taking care of some business in town. New ownership took over this year and it was always a great place but is even better now.

This week in addition to the previously mentioned people, I met with T, J & E, B, D & S, D & R (different from the other D & R), S & J, H, and G. As I said, I have been quite busy. I have also moved the last of the items I don't think I'll need to storage and between that and the new trailer, my truck now doesn't look like a homeless man lives in it. That is a good thing as I do not live in the truck, I just drive it.

And now to the trailer. I did upgrade to a regular sized RV trailer. I would have liked to stay in the tiny tear drop but the dogs were starting to complain about the lack of space. They wanted to have a bigger bed to lay around in and some reclining chairs so they can lounge more. In addition they got tired of watching me struggle to make them food with the small countertop. Since my only purpose in life is to satisfy their needs, I really had no other choice but to upgrade. The trailer was the most cost effective option as I could continue using my current truck. The new trailer is a Cougar 22MLS. It has a king sized bed, two recliners (heated and vibrating), a nice dinette, a refrigerator with a large freezer, oven, microwave, shower, ceramic toilet, and storage space. Yes it has heat and AC and all of the other normal things one would find in a modern trailer. Oh, there is also a TV and I have hooked up the antenna system to a SIM card so I have proper Wi-Fi which allowed me to setup my Roku and file server. There is 400W of solar on the roof with the ability to easily expand to 800W. I went with only 100AH of AGM battery but will upgrade prior to my trip to Alaska as there will be additional boondocking opportunities on that adventure. If this means nothing to you, then just smile and nod.

I will miss the look of the teardrop but I am willing to sacrifice my happiness for the dogs. In case you were curious, with the slide out it has 200 sqft as compared to 85 sqft in the teardrop. I think it is best described as homey. This is a good thing as I will be living in it for a while especially for three one month stays in Texas this winter. The dogs will appreciate the added room as they are so large they need to be able to spread out. It is technically smaller in length than the average trailer at just under 27 feet tip to tail so I am able to get sites much easier (teardrop by reference was 18 feet). In addition, towing is straightforward and I should be able to make it to Alaska and back without issues. 

Facing the kitchen. Lucy is enjoying the chair

Now facing away from the kitchen, look closely and you will see both dogs enjoying the bed. 

And one picture of the bathroom. There is a shower in there too. It is a dry bath like one would find in a normal home.  

Thor

Braxwood.com

If you have not read all of these, please at least read the welcome message as it may explain a few things about the adventure. Feel free to read all of the posts and comment. I may or may not reply to comments based upon an inscrutable set of criteria.

If you are interested in getting email notifications of these postings but have not figured out how to do that yet, you can email me at thor.braxwood@gmail.com and I can manually add you. If you are more self-sufficient, a helpful hint is to go to full web version and look on the right side. Otherwise you will just need to randomly check in but if you contact me directly and ask me what I have I been up to, I will direct you to the blog but I will still talk to you. I mean, I am traveling with dogs and while I talk to them they have yet to speak to me. You may notice the randomness of the timing of my posts; this does point to the need to subscribe to notifications  

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is quite the upgrade! I am sure that the dogs love all the space. How you suffer for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Nice to see an original Joan Zott quilt on the bed (we can name her since she’s not alive or have I got the rules wrong?) Heated & vibrating chairs! (JA will be jealous, and I’m using middle initials because…so there!) Hope you’re waiting til spring for Alaska. Gonna need pics of B&L’s remodeling when done. Sounds like a great week. Any tweeks need to be made to the new trailer?

    ReplyDelete