Welcome - Please read first

*** Welcome - Please Read First ***

 Welcome to my nomadic adventures. A few housekeeping items to start out.  I will attempt to make this readable on all devices but I am coun...

Thursday, May 26, 2022

First days out of the house

 



The days leading up to the start of the grand adventure were action packed. Starting on the Saturday before the European trip, I helped my son ("B" per the policy) and his fiancé move into their new apartment. They had signed a short term lease as they expected to buy a house in that time frame; in fact we had toured a house on the Thursday before that and they had put in an offer. On Sunday I finished packing up the kitchen items and making sure the house was ready for the carpet cleaning. That meant moving out everything except for a couple of lawn chairs and my bed. I met with a friend that night for a couple of drinks and to hear about her recent trip to Europe. While there, B called me to let me know that they got the house that we just toured. That is how life goes.

On Monday, the painter arrived to paint the last room that needed it. I packed up my bed and after the painter finished, I hauled it to the storage unit. The house was now empty. I took the camper and the three dogs over to Bong State Park and setup for the first night in the trailer. On Tuesday I met with the carpet cleaners and had them start the process of cleaning the upstairs carpet. I finished cleaning in the garage and packing the truck up for the great adventure. I realized I overpacked the truck with too much stuff but I figured over the next several months that I would figure it out and get rid of stuff that I didn’t want to carry around. My in-laws came on Wednesday and picked up the dogs as they were watching them while I was in Europe. I let them know that Heidi was really slowing down so if anything happened that they could do what they thought was best.


Thursday morning I broke camp and parked the trailer at a friend's house, and decided to get my bike tire replaced for some odd reason. I stopped in to say hi to some old friends in the loop in downtown Burlington and then drove to the house to wait for my ride to O'Hare. B showed up appropriately early and was ready to take me off on my first step of the big adventure.


There were no sightings of Big Foot as I did not have time to stop at any new local little shops as I have already verified there were no sightings in the local establishments in Burlington.

TaB and F150.


Heidi guarding the walkway

No comments:

Post a Comment